Subject: 24.2.50; display of text in buffer garbled
From: lee <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 18:18:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When scrolling down with the cursor keys in a frame that displays text,
the display is sometimes garbled as shown in the attached
screenshot. This doesn't seem to happen when scrolling up. Refreshing
the display displays the text "normally" again.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2012-09-05 on yun
Bzr revision: 109888 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11203000
Configured using:
 `configure '--enable-link-time-optimization' '--with-x-toolkit=lucid''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fvwm

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> <next> <home> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<backspace> N C-x C-s <end> <return> M o u s e SPC 
1 SPC R <tab> C <tab> M o d u l e SPC F v w m P a g 
e r SPC - t r a n s i e n t C-x C-s <up> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <home> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> L <down> <left> L C-x C-s <up> <up> 
<up> <backspace> L N <down> <left> <backspace> L N 
C-x C-s <left> <left> <up> <switch-frame> C-x b * M 
a <tab> f v <tab> <return> C-s m o u s e <C-home> C-s 
m o d i f i e r s C-s C-s C-s C-s <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
C-x C-f / u s <tab> s h <tab> d o <tab> / f v <tab> 
/ <tab> <tab> d <tab> <tab> F <tab> <return> C-s m 
o d i f i e r C-s C-s C-s <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <right> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/lee/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc
Saving file /home/lee/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc...
Wrote /home/lee/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Making completion list... [2 times]
uncompressing FAQ.gz...done
Note: file is write protected
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message flyspell ispell emacsbug qp sort smiley gnus-cite
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg parse-time gnus-ml disp-table nndraft
nnmh nnmaildir nnfolder bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com nnml gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp
gnus-diary gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig
mailcap nndiary gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source nnoo
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils wid-edit tabify man debug time-stamp misearch
multi-isearch mule-util help-mode score-mode org-table vc-git sh-script
smie executable vc-bzr make-mode info org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail
org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks find-func org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb jka-compr conf-mode uniquify cal-china lunar
solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs remember org-remember org-datetree org warnings
advice help-fns advice-preload ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete
pcomplete comint ansi-color org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities
org-macs noutline outline easy-mmode cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ring
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache pp server bbdb timezone bbdb-loaddefs saveplace time-date
paren cus-start cus-load desktop fvwm-mode easymenu xlsl-mode thingatpt
dired boxquote rect tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Debian testing amd64