Subject: 24.1.50; In Info mode, add the name of the manual as completion candidate for "bookmark-set"
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 22:22:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Severity: wishlist

Hello,

I have a bookmark for each manual I'm reading in info.  I like to give
the bookmark the same name as the corresponding manual (e.g. "elisp"
or "eintr").

So, when I want to update my bookmark position, I type "C-x r m", and
when I'm asked for the bookmark name, I type "M-n", expecting that
emacs fills in the name of the manual, but it writes the name of the
info node instead.  A second "M-n" doesn't brings me more candidates.

Therefore, I request that the name of the info manual be included in
the list of candidates used by M-n, in addition to the name of the
node.

(Regarding the order of the candidates, I'd like the name of the
manual to be the first, but this is more subjective.  I'll be content
even if that entry is the second one)

TIA.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-07-30 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 109302 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -I../../emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6'

-- 
Dani Moncayo