Subject: Remove out of date example code in woman.el
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: bug-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:55:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

woman.el contains the following bit of documentation:

;; The following is based on suggestions by Guy Gascoigne-Piggford and
;; Juanma Barranquero.  If you really want to square the man-woman
;; circle then you might care to define the following bash function in
;; .bashrc:

;;   man() { gnudoit -q '(raise-frame (selected-frame)) (woman' \"$1\" ')' ; }

;; If you use Microsoft COMMAND.COM then you can create a file called
;; man.bat somewhere in your path containing the two lines:

;;   @echo off
;;   gnudoit -q (raise-frame (selected-frame)) (woman \"%1\")

;; and then (e.g. from a command prompt or the Run... option in the
;; Start menu) just execute

;;   man man_page_name

This is cute, but gnudoit no longer exists, and this code is far from
complete (see the recent discussion on making Emacs a replacement for
standalone info on gnu-prog-discuss). I suggest simply removing the
above from woman.el.

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org