Subject: Re: bug#11969: 24.1.50; crash on Windows
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:02:16 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:28:27 -0700
> 
> This is the backtrace.  The session no longer exists.  HTH.  If not,
> feel free to close the bug.

Closed.

This is another one in the series of assertion violations that happen
only in your configuration.  The problem is this:

> #2  0x01041c65 in die (
>     msg=0x15ab394 "assertion failed: EQ (XFRAME (selected_frame)->selected_window, selected_window)", file=0x15a25b8 "xdisp.c", line=13446) at alloc.c:6639

IOW, the selected window of the selected frame is not the window
stored in the variable selected_window, which is what redisplay
expects.

My guess is that this is somehow related to your massive use of pop-up
frames.  Something happens there that causes this mismatch.  But what
exactly is a problem is hard to say without knowing at least the
values of the two windows involved in the test.  Are both of them
windows, or is one of them nil or something like that?  If the former,
which window is each one of them, and how are they related to whatever
you were doing at the moment of the crash?  Etc. et. -- you _must_
understand that unless you help us dig into this mystery, this bug
will probably _never_ be fixed.  And since you need guidance to use
the debugger on the C level, the only way of digging is if you leave
the crashed session running under the debugger and let us ask you for
information.

It's your call.