Subject: trunk does not build on FreeBSD
From: "Herbert J. Skuhra" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 21:01:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

For a few days trunk does no longer build on FreeBSD (tested on
9.0-STABLE i386 and amd64).
I get this error:

gcc -std=gnu99 -c  -Demacs  -I. -I/home/herbert/source/emacs/trunk/src
-I../lib -I/home/herbert/source/emacs/trunk/src/../lib
-I/usr/local/include -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/local/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/local/include/atk-1.0
-I/usr/local/include/cairo -I/usr/local/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/include/gio-unix-2.0/
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
-I/usr/local/include/libpng15 -I/usr/local/include/drm
-D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
-D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include/librsvg-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/cairo -I/usr/local/include/libpng15
-I/usr/local/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include/drm
-I/usr/local/include/ImageMagick   -I/usr/local/include/libxml2
-I/usr/local/include   -I/usr/local/include/dbus-1.0
-I/usr/local/include/dbus-1.0/include   -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0   -DORBIT2=1 -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/local/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/local/include/orbit-2.0
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0   -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
-I/usr/local/include   -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include     -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/p11-kit-1     -g -O2 xfns.c
xfns.c:4290: error: conflicting types for 'Fx_window_property'
globals.h:2369: error: previous declaration of 'Fx_window_property' was here
xfns.c:4308: error: conflicting types for 'Fx_window_property'
globals.h:2369: error: previous declaration of 'Fx_window_property' was here
gmake[2]: *** [xfns.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/herbert/source/emacs/trunk/src'
gmake[1]: *** [src] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/herbert/source/emacs/trunk'
gmake: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

So at the moment I can only build Emacs with "--without-x".

There is another issue on FreeBSD:

Since rev 108687 Emacs freezes when opening/encrypting gpg files.
Paul has tried to resolve this issue but I am obviously too dumb to
send the proper gdb output. :-(