Subject: IDO fails with tramp /ftp:
From: Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:39:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi, 

When I try to access ftp through ido I am getting on 24.1.50.1 

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Opening directory" "no such file or directory" "/ftp:[email-masked]:./")
  signal(file-error ("Opening directory" "no such file or directory" "/ftp:[email-masked]:./"))
  byte-code("\301@A\"\207" [err signal] 3)
  ange-ftp-hook-function(file-name-all-completions "" "/ftp:[email-masked]:./")
  apply(ange-ftp-hook-function file-name-all-completions ("" "/ftp:[email-masked]:./"))
  tramp-ftp-file-name-handler(file-name-all-completions "" "/ftp:[email-masked]:./")
  apply(tramp-ftp-file-name-handler file-name-all-completions ("" "/ftp:[email-masked]:./"))
  byte-code("\300\301\215\207" [suppress (apply foreign operation args)] 2)
  tramp-file-name-handler(file-name-all-completions "" "/ftp:[email-masked]:./")
  file-name-all-completions("" "/ftp:[email-masked]:./")
  ido-file-name-all-completions-1("/ftp:[email-masked]:")
  ido-file-name-all-completions("/ftp:[email-masked]:")
  ido-make-file-list-1("/ftp:[email-masked]:")
  ido-make-file-list("incoming/")
  ido-read-internal(file "Find file: " ido-file-history nil confirm-after-completion nil)
  ido-file-internal(raise-frame)
  ido-find-file()
  call-interactively(ido-find-file nil nil)

How to reproduce:

M-x ido-mode

C-x f /ftp:[email-masked]:

This doesn't happen with emacs 23. It also works fine without IDO on
emacs 24.

Any ideas?

Vitalie.