Subject: feature request: `isearch-query-replace' should open invisible text
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:56:52 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

if you have `search-invisible' non-nil, isearch "opens" invisible
text.  But when you hit M-% or C-M-% while searching, you loose this
ability: point will just be put inside invisible areas, and you don't
see what you're doing.  This is somewhat inconsistent.  Having an open
invisible feature for replacing text would be very convenient - think
of org files, for example.

Dunno if this would be easy to implement.  `isearch-query-replace'
uses just `perform-replace' from replace.el, which doesn't care about
invisible text.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2012-06-15 on zelenka, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20120615-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11201902
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g
 -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''