Subject: Re: bug#11234: 23.4; Compose key does not work well in current Debian testing (wheezy).
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], boris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 20:50:05 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> After running emacs under Debian mentioned above, fully updated,
>> general compose key shortcuts do not work. The only compose key
>> shorcuts that work in emacs under the described conditions are
>> those, that are defined in ~/.XCompose file (I defined three shortcuts
>> there, ☺, →, ← to test what I say, and they work. The shortcuts defined
>> in /usr/share/X11/locale/... do not work. Compose key works OK in other
>> X programs, such as Libre Office, Iceweasel, terminator. Eg. xterm seems
>> to have similar problem as emacs, but that might be due to its inept
>> font. I posted it on stackoverflow, and was told to send a bug report.
>
> Do the usual compose sequences work if you remove the ~/.XCompose file?
> Can you show us the content of that ~/.XCompose file?
> Do your hand-made .XCompose sequences work in LibreOffice/Iceweasel/...?

More information was requested, but none was given within 7 years, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reopen the bug
report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas