Subject: 24.0.95; (Maybe/Wish): Should color-themes be buffer local?
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 01:37:38 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

24.0.95; (Maybe/Wish): Should color-themes be buffer local?

The impression I get is that color themes are session-specific and I am
wondering whether it is possible to load a theme just for a particular
buffer (or a mode). [1]

Context:

ODT exporter uses htmlfontify.el to export source blocks with some fancy
colors.[2] The implication is that an ODT file created out of an Org
file (with src blocks) will look and feel differently based on
individual user's font lock settings.  If there was/were a way to
activate a theme on per-buffer basis, then I would like to use it within
the ODT exporter.

Not a bug per-se.  Just a wish.

Footnotes: 
[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2011-10/msg00329.html

Same request as this bug report.  But from an independent source.  It
went unanswered.

[2]  http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9914