Subject: Re: bug#11146: texinfo: could automake start using the '--tidy' option in its dvi and pdf rules?
From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:01:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 04/04/2012 11:45 AM, Stefano Lattarini wrote:
>
>> I'll thus apply to two attached patches to master in a couple of days
>> if there is no objection.
>>
> Pushed now.
>
And the proposal for using '--tidy' in Automake 1.13 has been (basically)
implemented as part of this commit:

  <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/automake.git/commit/?id=205c7572>

Actually, we ended up using per-manual and per-format '--build-dir' options, to
work around a bug still present in Texinfo 4.13 (but fixed in CVS Texinfo) that
could cause racy failures in parallel builds; but the effect of such option is
similar to the one we wanted to obtain using '--tidy'.  The commit message of
that change should explain in more details.

I'm thus closing this bug report.

Regards,
  Stefano