Subject: 24.0.94; `dabbrev-completion' and `completion-cycle-threshold'
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 23:18:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recipe from "emacs -Q":

1. Eval: (setq completion-cycle-threshold 4)

2. Type: foo1 RET foo2 RET foo3 RET

3. Type: foo C-M-/

--> This "foo" expands to "foo3" (the first completion candidate -
ok), although the echo area shows a "Scanning for dabbrevs..." message
which remains there forever, until I send another command.  This is
confusing, because the message doesn't change even after that
"scanning" has ended.

4. Type: C-M-/

--> Expected result: the first completion candidate picked up in step
#3 ("foo3") is replaced with the next one ("foo2").
--> Observed result: the echo area shows the message
[dabbrev-completion: No dynamic expansion for "foo3" found] and thus
I'm unable to cycle through the completion candidates.

-- 
Dani Moncayo