Subject: 24.0.93; (elisp) `Parser State' - "we plan to change"
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:59:52 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The end of this node says:
 
"We have provided this access function rather than document how the data
is represented in the state, because we plan to change the
representation in the future."
 
That's been there since at least Emacs 22.  The reason given should be
changed.  Perhaps just say that the data structure used is subject to
change (IOW _might_ be changed at some point), but you can rely on this
function, etc.
 
In general, it's not a great idea to proclaim anything about what you
will do or plan to do.  Instead, say what you recommend and perhaps
state that what's not explicitly recommended is not something users
should depend on.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-01-29 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include --ldflags
 -LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/lib'