Subject: 24.0.92; Wrong init value for eshell-windows-shell-file
From: Lars Ljung <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:45:50 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The function eshell-invoke-batch-file expects that
eshell-windows-shell-file points to something with the behaviour of
cmd.exe. Currently it defaults to the path to cmdproxy.exe (the default
value of shell-file-name), which will not work properly.

The patch below solves this issue.

=== modified file 'lisp/eshell/esh-ext.el'
--- lisp/eshell/esh-ext.el	2012-01-05 09:46:05 +0000
+++ lisp/eshell/esh-ext.el	2012-01-16 20:21:27 +0000
@@ -91,7 +91,7 @@

 (defcustom eshell-windows-shell-file
   (if (eshell-under-windows-p)
-      (if (string-match "\\(\\`cmdproxy\\|sh\\)\\.\\(com\\|exe\\)"
+      (if (string-match "\\(cmdproxy\\|sh\\)\\.\\(com\\|exe\\)"
 			shell-file-name)
 	  (or (eshell-search-path "cmd.exe")
 	      (eshell-search-path "command.com"))