Subject: 24.0.92; Please remove unnecessary alias `which-func-mode`
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 14:50:01 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Why was this alias defined?  Is there a good reason for it?  This is a
bad precedent to set.  Unless there is a _particular_ reason to do this
for this command (and not for umpteen other Emacs commands), please
remove this seemingly gratuitous alias.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-12-06 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include --ldflags
 -LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib'