Subject: 24.0.91; `report-emacs-bug': version info should be filled
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:30:40 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This version info should be filled:
 
In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-10-30 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include" --ldflags
-L"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib"'
 
The line is 481 chars wide here!
 
This is messy and interferes with things such as autofitting frames to
buffers.  It requires the user to hit `M-q'.  Emacs should be smart
enough to fill this automatically, ahead of time.  The filled version is
much easier to understand:
 
In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-10-30 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include" --ldflags
 -L"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib"'