Subject: Re: bug#9722: list-colors-duplicates does not exclude enough colors on Windows
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:50:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 19:15, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Perhaps so, but it's a separate issue.

Obviously, it does not affect this bug. Rather, it depends on this bug
to be fixed.

> Yes, but checking for "^System.*" must be in facemenu.el, while the
> list could be on a w32-only file.  Not a bug deal either way.

You still would need a way to access the list from facemenu.el,
conditional to some f?boundp or system-type check, so no net gain
there.

> If you feel that the cons outweigh the pros, go ahead and commit your
> patch.

Well, I'm not enthralled by the idea of hardcoding "^System", but I
also dislike adding a w32-specific variable that isn't likely to
change or be useful to the user.

    Juanma