Subject: Patch for HTML5 auto-coding support
From: Jirka Kosek <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:11:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

please find attached patch that

* added support for detecting encoding in HTML5 specified only as <meta
charset=***>

Implementation just makes http-equiv and content-type parts from HTML4
encoding string optional.

Thanks,

					Jirka

*** mule.el.orig/mule.el	Sun May  2 21:50:16 2010
--- mule.el	Mon Oct 10 17:03:16 2011
*************** This function is intended to be added to
*** 2358,2365 ****
      ;; (allowing for whitespace at bob).  Note: 'DOCTYPE NETSCAPE' is
      ;; useful for Mozilla bookmark files.
      (when (and (re-search-forward
"\\`[[:space:]\n]*\\(<!doctype[[:space:]\n]+\\(html\\|netscape\\)\\|<html\\)"
size t)
! 	       (re-search-forward
"<meta\\s-+http-equiv=[\"']?content-type[\"']?\\s-+content=[\"']text/\\sw+;\\s-*charset=\\(.+?\\)[\"']"
size t))
!       (let* ((match (match-string 1))
  	     (sym (intern (downcase match))))
  	(if (coding-system-p sym)
  	    sym
--- 2358,2366 ----
      ;; (allowing for whitespace at bob).  Note: 'DOCTYPE NETSCAPE' is
      ;; useful for Mozilla bookmark files.
      (when (and (re-search-forward
"\\`[[:space:]\n]*\\(<!doctype[[:space:]\n]+\\(html\\|netscape\\)\\|<html\\)"
size t)
! 	       (re-search-forward
"<meta\\s-+\\(http-equiv=[\"']?content-type[\"']?\\s-+content=[\"']text/\\sw+;\\s-*\\)?charset=[\"']?\\(.+?\\)[\"'\\s-/>]"
size t))
! 	
!       (let* ((match (match-string 2))
  	     (sym (intern (downcase match))))
  	(if (coding-system-p sym)
  	    sym

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: [email-masked]      http://xmlguru.cz
------------------------------------------------------------------
       Professional XML consulting and training services
  DocBook customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
------------------------------------------------------------------
 OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 member
------------------------------------------------------------------