Subject: Re: bug#9671: 24.0.50; Two bidi crashes
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 23:15:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tags 9671 moreinfo

> From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:01:28 -0400
> 
> I'm forward two crash reports I have received that may have to do with bidirectional text.  I have no further information.  (When interpreting the call stacks, note the optimization settings for those builds.)

Thanks, but such reports are useless.  The first one is impossible to
debug without a reproducible test case.  bidi_level_of_next_char, the
function that called `abort', has no less than 5 different calls to
`abort', each one for a different reason.

The second crash means that one of the Lisp files was improperly
loaded, which is only possible if the package was not built correctly.

And the versions reported are old, made of old code base (2-month old
in one case).  A lot of water went under the bidi bridge since then.

So I'm closing this report.  If the people who reported the problems
can provide the missing information, at least a test case, I will
reopen and look into this.

Thanks.