Subject: 24.0.50; rmail-forward
From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 16:51:12 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

rmail-forward doesn't handle a attachment file
correctly. For instance, when I have a message something
like this in RMAIL:

  ------------------------------------------------------------
  [...]
  [1:text/plain Hide]
  
  test of attachment
  
  [2:application/pdf Show Save:temp.pdf (2kB)]
  ------------------------------------------------------------

Typing f inserts just this in "part" part of *unsent mail to
...* buffer:

  ------------------------------------------------------------
  From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: test from shatin
  Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:14:58 +0900
  Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
  Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=-=-="

  [1:text/plain Hide]

  test of attachment

  [2:application/pdf Show Save:temp.pdf (2kB)]
  ------------------------------------------------------------

It's the content of rmail-view buffer and thus the outgoing
mail doesn't contain the correct attachment.

In Emacs 23.3, the content of "part" part was the original
whole message, and thus the outgoing mail surely contains an
attachment in a correct MIME form.

I'm attaching the same sample file so that you can see what
I described by typing 'f' in RMAIL.

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2011-09-16 on etlken
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: RMAIL

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> C-\ c o m b <backspace> 
v e n i e n t <escape> $ 0 <escape> < C-c C-c h k <return> 
g n d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d 
d d d d SPC <backspace> C-x o C-u C-v C-x o n d d d 
d d d d d d d s y C-x o C-h v r m a i l - m i <tab> 
<tab> <tab> <tab> C-g C-x C-f M-p <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
<M-backspace> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> e m <tab> 
/ w o <tab> l i s p / m a i <tab> r m <tab> m <tab> 
m <tab> <return> C-s f o r w a r d C-w C-w C-s C-a 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-u C-v C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-u C-v C-u C-v C-u C-v M-f M-f M-b M-b C-s 
C-w C-w C-w C-w C-w C-a C-x C-g <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
C-a C-x b <return> C-x C-f M-p <return> C-M-a M-f M-f 
M-b C-s C-w C-w C-w C-w C-s C-s C-w C-a C-x C-f r m 
<tab> . <tab> <return> C-s C-s C-s C-w C-s C-a C-x 
b <return> C-r C-r C-a C-x k <return> C-x o j C-x o 
x C-g C-x o M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-b 
C-s C-w C-w C-r C-r C-a C-x o C-v C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-SPC C-v C-v C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-p C-p C-p <escape> w C-x C-x C-x C-x C-x C-g 
<escape> x r e p <tab> o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Quit
Making completion list...
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Mark set
Mark saved where search started [3 times]
Quit
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Saved text from "rmail-forward still has a problem when a"
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/evi-mule hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/evi-mule
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/evi hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/evi
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/anthy/anthy hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/egg/egg/anthy
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/egg/its/thai hides /usr/local/work/emacs/stable/lisp/language/thai
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/egg/its/greek hides /usr/local/work/emacs/stable/lisp/language/greek
/usr/local/work/emacs/stable/lisp/textmodes/table hides ~/emacslisp/table
/usr/local/work/emacs/stable/lisp/language/thai-word hides ~/emacslisp/thai-word
/usr/local/work/emacs/stable/lisp/progmodes/prolog hides ~/emacslisp/prolog
/usr/local/work/emacs/stable/lisp/emacs-lisp/syntax hides ~/emacslisp/syntax
/usr/local/work/emacs/stable/lisp/textmodes/tex-mode hides ~/emacslisp/tex-mode

Features:
(iso-transl parse-time vc-cvs edmacro kmacro rect dabbrev
find-func etags warnings compile info diff-mode diff
thingatpt browse-url ind-util sh-script executable tar-mode
pcmpl-gnu pcmpl-unix ispell shadow emacsbug doc-view
image-mode dired nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok
help-fns ansi-color shell pcomplete comint ring add-log
vc-bzr pp wid-edit descr-text network-stream starttls tls
mailalias smtpmail auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc password-cache sendmail
regexp-opt jka-compr sort mailcap newcomment ja-dic
mule-util kkc ja-dic-utl quail help-mode view supercite
easy-mmode regi gnus-util mail-extr multi-isearch qp
rmailkwd rmailmm message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 js2-mode-autoloads package
tabulated-list rmail-parse-url time rmail-sa rmailsum rmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
time-date japan-util tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)