Subject: 24.3; applying stash in vc-dir doesn't revert buffer
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:43:00 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I typed "A" in a *vc-dir* buffer to apply a stash.
This worked but did not update *vc-dir*.
I think it should have called revert-buffer after operating.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.4)
 of 2013-03-08 on barimba
Bzr revision: 111325 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11104000
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: VC dir

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-truncate-mode: t
  erc-status-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-e M-b M-d t e m C-e <return> C-p C-e C-n p SPC = 
SPC t e m ; C-z n g y M-> C-z n <f9> C-x 1 C-a C-l 
C-o C-o C-p C-p C-p C-o c h a r SPC * t e <M-backspace> 
c o p y ; C-u C-n C-n C-e <tab> c o p y SPC = SPC s 
a v e s M-/ M-SPC ( a r g , SPC t <backspace> p r <backspace> 
t r SPC - SPC a r g ) ; C-f C-k C-k C-k C-e M-b M-d 
o p y <M-backspace> c o p y C-e <return> x r <backspace> 
f r e e SPC ( c o p y ) ; C-z n g y M-> C-z n <f9> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
<f9> M-f M-f M-x g i d <return> <return> <f9> C-x o 
C-s : p a r C-c C-c C-x 1 C-s e x p C-a M-x g i d <return> 
<return> <f9> C-e M-b M-b c o n s t SPC C-x o C-u C-n 
C-c C-c C-e C-M-b C-f c o n s t SPC C-z n g ! M-> <f10> 
<f10> C-c b <f10> <f10> <f10> <switch-frame> C-x 1 
C-x v d <M-backspace> <return> x n n M = v c o C-x 
o C-x o C-c b v c o n s t i f y SPC p a r s e _ a n 
M-/ M-/ C-c C-c x C-x 1 C-u C-p C-u C-p C-h m C-x o 
C-s s t a s h C-z C-g C-x o <help-echo> C-h k A A <help-echo> 
C-x 1 <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> g M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
Expansion found in '*vc-diff*'
Checking in /home/tromey/Space/SecondArcher/archer/gdb/eval.c /home/tromey/Space/SecondArcher/archer/gdb/value.h...done
Hiding items in state "up-to-date"
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
Mark saved where search started

Reverting buffer `cli-setshow.c'.
Reverting buffer `cli-setshow.h'.
Reverting buffer `command.h'.

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/lib/lisp/rpm-spec-mode hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/rpm-spec-mode
/home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/md4
/home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/hex-util
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/css-mode-1.0/css-mode hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/css-mode
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/ruby-mode-1.0/ruby-mode hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/play/bubbles
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/nxml-ns hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/nxml-ns
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-valid hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-valid
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-cmpct hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-cmpct
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-dt hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-dt
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-match hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-match
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/xmltok hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/xmltok
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/nxml-glyph hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/nxml-glyph
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/nxml-enc hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/nxml-enc
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-util hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-util
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-nxml hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-nxml
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-xsd hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-xsd
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/nxml-rap hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/nxml-rap
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/nxml-maint hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/nxml-maint
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-pttrn hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-pttrn
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/nxml-outln hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/nxml-outln
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/nxml-parse hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/nxml-parse
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-loc hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-loc
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/nxml-mode hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/nxml-mode
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/xsd-regexp hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/xsd-regexp
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/nxml-uchnm hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/nxml-uchnm
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-uri hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-uri
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-parse hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-parse
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/rng-maint hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/rng-maint
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/nxml-mode-20041004/nxml-util hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/nxml/nxml-util
/home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/sasl
/home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/hmac-def
/home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/ntlm
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-identd hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-identd
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-ezbounce hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-ezbounce
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-join hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-join
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-stamp hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-stamp
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-track hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-track
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-backend hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-backend
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-sound hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-sound
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-button hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-button
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-xdcc hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-xdcc
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-dcc hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-dcc
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-ibuffer hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-ibuffer
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-networks hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-networks
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-page hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-page
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-ring hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-ring
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-fill hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-fill
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-truncate hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-truncate
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-speedbar hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-speedbar
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-goodies hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-goodies
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-pcomplete hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-pcomplete
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-menu hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-menu
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-lang hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-lang
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-imenu hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-imenu
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-log hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-log
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-autoaway hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-autoaway
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-list hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-list
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-capab hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-capab
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-match hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-match
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-services hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-services
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-notify hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-notify
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-spelling hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-spelling
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-netsplit hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-netsplit
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-compat hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-compat
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-replace hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/erc/erc-replace
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-3.0/tq hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-hecomplete hides /home/tromey/Space/EmacsBzr/emacs-mt/install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/obsolete/erc-hecomplete

Features:
(shadow emacsbug conf-mode python gdb-mi bindat json compface gnus-fun
ffap find-dired vc-arch vc-mtn vc-hg mule-diag shr-color color texinfo
log-view jimb-patch log-edit pcvs-util etags grep debug imenu find-func
cal-move tabify man gdb-shell find-file shr thai-util thai-word
mailalias rebase-mode bbdb-hooks cus-start cus-load autorevert tcl
asm-mode gud smerge-mode autoconf autoconf-mode bbdb-sc supercite regi
mail-hist diff-mode jka-compr flow-fill mm-archive gnus-html browse-url
xml url-cache mm-url bbdb-gui mule-util smiley gnus-cite gnus-bcklg
idutils gnus-async qp gnus-ml disp-table goto-addr add-log pcmpl-unix
pcmpl-gnu shell compile dabbrev copyright cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds help-mode vc-git vc-bzr vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher bug-reference misearch multi-isearch
erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track erc-match
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-spelling erc-truncate
nndraft nnmh gnutls parse-time netrc network-stream starttls tls nnml
nnfolder bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com nnnil gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum
nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source smtpmail sendmail
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils wid-edit flyspell ispell eldoc emms-status
emms-lastfm rx emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-score
emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd emms-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse url-vars mailcap tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics derived
emms-streams emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode edmacro kmacro
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate dired emms-setup emms emms-compat
dwarf-mode-autoloads gdb-shell-autoloads finder-inf magit-autoloads
nxml-enc pydoc-info-autoloads info-look info weblogger-autoloads
xml-rpc-autoloads package cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs uniquify warnings mouse-sel
easy-mmode cl-macs gv status cl erc-services erc-networks erc-goodies
erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
thingatpt pp cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs advice
help-fns cl-lib advice-preload bbdb timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color
ring server bbdb-autoloads time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Tom