Subject: Re: bug#9315: 23.3; Can't visit VMS file from Windows Emacs 23.3.1
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 11:14:46 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] writes:

> I'm running emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw0nt5.1.2600) of 20011-03-10 on
> 3249CTO
>
> If I type C-x C-f /grunwald@machin:login.com to edit my login.com on a
> remote VMS system called machin, emacs prompts for my password and then
> fails to open login.com.

Finally, this has been solved in Emacs 24.1. Thanks for your continuous
testing all the proposed patches!

Note, that `ange-ftp-binary-file-name-regexp' is the empty string in
Emacs 24. For proper editing of text files on a remote VMS machine, this
variable must be changed to match binary files.

> Thanks,
> Alan

Best regards, Michael.