Subject: bidi slowdown
From: emacs user <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 22:35:25 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

when using vm, I still see significant slowdowns in cursor motion in
the vm-summary buffer when bidi is on.  this is with a 3000+ lines
long buffer with the summary of the messages in the inbox.  please let
me know if there is any additional information I can provide.

2011-07-22  Eli Zaretskii

	Fix a significant slow-down of cursor motion with C-n, C-p,
	C-f/C-b, and C-v/M-v that couldn't keep up with keyboard
	auto-repeat under bidi redisplay in fontified buffers.

2011-07-28  Eli Zaretskii

	* buffer.c (init_buffer_once): Set bidi-display-reordering to t by
	default.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin11.0.0, NS apple-appkit-1138.00)
 of 2011-07-29 on dhcp-10-249-70-250.xx.edu
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
configured using `configure  '--with-ns' '--without-x''