Subject: 23.0.60; doc string for dired-do-create-files

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 15:31:51 -0700

emacs -Q
Same problem exists in Emacs 22.2, BTW.
 
The doc string of dired-do-create-files refers several times to
`into-dir' (without quotes or uppercase). Nowhere is there any
explanation of what is mean by this, however. Presumably, it is either
a global variable or an argument?
 
This renders the doc string incomprehensible. About 2/3 of the doc
string concerns `into-dir', and it includes a seemingly ridiculously
complex explanation of arg HOW-TO, complete with
if-then-else-if-then-else-if-then-else-if-then-else (no
exaggeration!).
 
Please rewrite the doc string so that it is self-contained and
readable. It should not simply mirror the code but should make clear
to users what each argument is.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-08-29 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'