Subject: Re: bug#8564: 24.0.50; bootstrap on windows 7: `gl-stamp' target failed
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: William Xu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:26:58 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: William Xu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:19:20 +0800
> 
> OK.  That is the problem! It is a MSYS bash, included in msys-git.
> Thanks.  

Thanks for helping me unlock this mystery.

> It seems kind of nasty, though.  We reply on unix tools like cp, rm,
> etc, but they are often bundled together with sh.

Only the Cygwin and MSYS versions of these tools come with sh.  The
GnuWin32 ports don't.

> Maybe add the above note to "* For the impatient" section as well
> would be a good idea?

Done.

I'm closing this bug.