Subject: 23.2; Dired on Windows 7
From: "Robert I. Eachus" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 17:55:25 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Choosing Open Directory from the File menu opens a standard (Windows 7)
window that allows you to walk the directory tree, but there is no way
to open a directory in dired mode that I can find.  Cx d on the other
hand opens an emacs buffer in dired mode. (Normal behavior)

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
  of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags 
-Ic:/xpm/include'

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: ENU
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: cp1252
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <file>
<split-window> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <file> <open-file> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <file> <open-file> <wheel-down>
<double-wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down>
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<getting-new-versions> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-down>
<double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
<triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down>
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up>
<double-wheel-up> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
<triple-wheel-up> <wheel-up> <wheel-down> <wheel-up>
<double-wheel-up> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <about-emacs> <help-echo>
<wheel-down> <help-echo> <wheel-up> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<menu-bar> <file> <dired> <help-echo> <help-echo> <wheel-down>
<double-wheel-down> <wheel-up> <help-echo> <wheel-up>
<double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <help-echo>
<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
<wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <escape> x r e p SPC o r SPC
e SPC SPC <return>

Recent messages:
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type sh
scroll-bar-toolkit-scroll: End of buffer [10 times]
Quit
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
byte-code: End of buffer
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
byte-code: Beginning of buffer
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug help-mode goto-addr thingatpt view
sgml-mode sh-script executable autoconf autoconf-mode conf-mode
newcomment dired cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)