Subject: 24.0.50; OS X: No antialiasing when external monitor is attached
From: Dan McGuirk <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:38:21 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have a MacBook Pro and I'm using the Cocoa/ns version of Emacs. I 
turn on antialiasing in Emacs by setting ns-antialias-text to t. I just 
began using an external monitor, and if I start Emacs with the external 
monitor plugged in, the text never becomes antialiased despite setting 
this variable. If I unplug the external monitor and start Emacs that 
way, I get antialiased text again. 

I tried this on both a recent bzr build of Emacs 24 and the 
emacsformacosx.com release of Emacs 23.2.1. 

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.4 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.6.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.35) 
 of 2011-02-16 on surfer.local 
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038 
configured using `configure '--with-ns'' 

Important settings: 
 value of $LC_ALL: nil 
 value of $LC_COLLATE: nil 
 value of $LC_CTYPE: nil 
 value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil 
 value of $LC_MONETARY: nil 
 value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil 
 value of $LC_TIME: nil 
 value of $LANG: nil 
 value of $XMODIFIERS: nil 
 locale-coding-system: nil 
 default enable-multibyte-characters: t 

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp 

Minor modes in effect: 
 eldoc-mode: t 
 paredit-mode: t 
 workgroups-mode: t 
 global-auto-revert-mode: t 
 show-paren-mode: t 
 recentf-mode: t 
 mouse-wheel-mode: t 
 file-name-shadow-mode: t 
 global-font-lock-mode: t 
 font-lock-mode: t 
 auto-composition-mode: t 
 auto-encryption-mode: t 
 auto-compression-mode: t 
 column-number-mode: t 
 line-number-mode: t 
 transient-mark-mode: t 

Recent input: 
<ns-open-file-line> <help-echo> C-x C-f ~ / . e m a 
c s . d / d j m . e l <return> C-s a n t i C-a C-x 
C-f c u s t o m - <tab> s u r <tab> <return> M-< C-s 
a n t i a l i a s C-a M-x r e p o r t - e m a <tab> 
<return> C-g M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return> 

Recent messages: 
Loading /Users/djm/.emacs.d/djm.el (source)... 
Loading /Users/djm/.emacs.d/vendor/haskell-mode/haskell-site-file.el (source)...done 
Loading /Users/djm/.emacs.d/vendor/color-theme/color-theme-autoloads.el (source)...done 
Loading /Users/djm/.emacs.d/djm.el (source)...done 
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a. 
Loading vc-git...done 
Mark saved where search started 
Mark set 
Mark saved where search started 
Quit 

Load-path shadows: 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/erc-highlight-nicknames hides /Users/djm/.emacs.d//elpa-to-submit/erc-highlight-nicknames 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/loaddefs hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/loaddefs 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/json-1.2/json hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/json 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/css-mode-1.0/css-mode hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/css-mode 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/ruby-mode-1.1/ruby-mode hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//elpa-to-submit/cperl-mode hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-xoxo hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-xoxo 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-wl hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-wl 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-vm hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-vm 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-taskjuggler hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-remember hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-remember 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-publish hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-publish 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mks hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mks 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mew hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mew 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-mac-message hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mac-message 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-latex hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-latex 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-jsinfo hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-jsinfo 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-icalendar hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-icalendar 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-html hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-html 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-freemind hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-freemind 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-exp hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-exp 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-exp-blocks hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-entities 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docview 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-docbook hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docbook 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ctags 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-complete hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-complete 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-capture 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-beamer hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-beamer 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-ascii hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ascii 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-tangle 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-table 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sqlite 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sql 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-sh hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sh 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-screen 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-scheme 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-sass 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ruby 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ref 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-R 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-python 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-plantuml 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-perl 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-org 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-octave 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ocaml 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-mscgen 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-matlab 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-lob 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ledger 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-latex 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-keys 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-js 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-haskell 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-exp 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-eval 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-dot 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-ditaa 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-css 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-comint 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-clojure 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-calc 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-C 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d//vendor/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ob-asymptote 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/gnus-setup hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/gnus-setup 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-xdcc hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-xdcc 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-truncate hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-truncate 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-track hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-track 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-stamp hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-stamp 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-spelling hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-spelling 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-speedbar hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-speedbar 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-sound hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-sound 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-services hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-services 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-ring hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-ring 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-replace hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-replace 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-pcomplete hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-pcomplete 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-page hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-page 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-notify hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-notify 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-networks hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-networks 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-netsplit hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-netsplit 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-menu hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-menu 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-match hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-match 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-log hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-log 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-list hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-list 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-lang hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-lang 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-join hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-join 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-imenu hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-imenu 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-identd hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-identd 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-ibuffer hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-ibuffer 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-hecomplete hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-hecomplete 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-goodies hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-goodies 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-fill hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-fill 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-ezbounce hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-ezbounce 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-dcc hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-dcc 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-compat hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-compat 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-capab hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-capab 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-button hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-button 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-backend hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-backend 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/erc-5.3/erc-autoaway hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc/erc-autoaway 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-3.0/tq hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq 
/Users/djm/.emacs.d/package hides /Applications/Emacs24.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/package 

Features: 
(shadow sort mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies 
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev 
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug url-util url-parse url-vars 
mm-util mail-prsvr help-mode view multi-isearch vc-git tramp 
tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile assoc 
netrc gnus-util time-date password-cache format-spec tramp-loaddefs 
regexp-opt project-local-variables eldoc paredit idle-highlight 
browse-kill-ring epa-file epa derived epg epg-config workgroups 
easy-mmode color-theme-autoloads winner ring server org-install 
autorevert starter-kit-ruby starter-kit-perl starter-kit-lisp 
starter-kit-eshell starter-kit-registers starter-kit-misc ido paren 
starter-kit-bindings windmove edmacro kmacro starter-kit-defuns imenu 
thingatpt dominating-file recentf tree-widget wid-edit ansi-color 
uniquify ffap saveplace starter-kit-elpa cl emms-autoloads erc-autoloads 
info easymenu find-file-in-project-autoloads full-ack-autoloads 
gist-autoloads idle-highlight-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads 
magit-autoloads project-local-variables-autoloads advice help-fns 
advice-preload relax-autoloads javascript-autoloads json-autoloads 
ruby-mode-autoloads weblogger-autoloads xml-rpc-autoloads 
yaml-mode-autoloads package tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type 
mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page 
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock 
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang 
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek 
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese 
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button 
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable 
backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)