Subject: 23.2.93; rmail-mime says "Not a MIME message"
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 22:33:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It seems like iff a message doesn't have the Mime-Version header,
typing `v' (rmail-mime) in the Rmail buffer signals an error "Not a
MIME message".  Is this expected?  Sounds like a misfeature to me.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.93.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-02-01 on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1255
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: RMAIL

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
m e SPC r e l e a s e - q u a l i t y SPC p a c k a 
g e s SPC o u t SPC t h e r e ) <down> <C-home> C-z 
C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z C-z <C-home> 
<C-end> <C-home> C-c C-s <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
o <up> <up> <return> n p <M-home> <C-end> <M-end> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <help-echo> <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
M-1 g <up> <up> <return> n d d d d d d d d d M-p M-n 
M-x g r e p <return> C-a f <M-right> f o o b a r SPC 
m * <left> <left> d a <backspace> <backspace> . . / 
d a t a / <return> M-p <M-home> <down> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <return> <left> <left> <left> 
<return> <help-echo> <help-echo> C-x b <return> <M-end> 
r C-c C-y C-x C-x C-SPC <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> C-w C-z <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <C-end> C-w <return> O n SPC t h e SPC t r u 
n k ; SPC p r e t e s t SPC s a y s SPC c o r r e c 
t l y SPC t h a t SPC t h e r e ' s SPC n o SPC g r 
e p SPC h i t SPC t h e r e . <return> C-c C-s <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> M-n <switch-frame> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> M-1 g <up> <return> o <up> <up> <return> 
C-x C-s <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
M-p M-p M-n M-n t <next> <next> <prior> <prior> <prior> 
<next> t v <prior> <next> <prior> v M-p v n M-n v M-x 
r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
No following nondeleted message
Saving file d:/usr/eli/rmail/INBOX...
Wrote d:/usr/eli/rmail/INBOX
call-interactively: Beginning of buffer
Not a MIME message
call-interactively: Beginning of buffer
Not a MIME message
No following nondeleted message
Not a MIME message
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug grep compile shell dabbrev auth-source smtpmail
cus-edit cus-start cus-load pp multi-isearch find-func ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init
ediff mailalias sendmail rmailout help-mode view ld-script sh-script
executable dired-x dired-aux dired tcl comint ring nxml-uchnm rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok sgml-mode
arc-mode archive-mode parse-time conf-mode newcomment tar-mode add-log
generic vc-cvs diff-mode jka-compr texinfo cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs vc-bzr make-mode
regexp-opt flyspell ispell org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe
org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp org-exp-blocks
org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-bibtex org-bbdb org byte-opt warnings
bytecomp byte-compile advice help-fns advice-preload org-footnote
org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-macs noutline outline
easy-mmode info rmailsum rmailmm message ecomplete rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader
canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums time-date qp mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils desktop
server filecache saveplace generic-x paren battery time tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp
w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty
emacs)