Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: procmail: Fix build with gcc-14.
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2025 19:05:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Am Sat, Aug 02, 2025 at 05:41:20PM +0200 schrieb Tomas Volf:
> > thanks for the patch! Could you add a comment as to where it comes from?
> > Or did you create it yourself? Maybe then this could also be a comment
> > at the top of the file...
> Since the patch already has From and Signed-off-by, I did not realize it
> necessary, but sure, can do.  I took the patch from the link ArneBab
> provided in the issue you have linked below and made few additions to
> get it to actually compile in Guix, but those are minor enough to not
> warrant copyright for me.

Sorry for being ambiguous, I really meant adding a comment to the .patch
file itself; when it comes from upstream, for instance, it can be useful
to make it clear that it can simply be dropped in a newer release, for
instance.

Given your explanation, I have added the link Arne gave to this issue.

Pushed, thanks!

Andreas