Subject: mono-2.4.2.3 (and thus all other mono packages) is broken on x86_64
From: "nomike (they/them)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2025 16:57:15 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The build fails with:

```plaintext
make install-local
make[7]: Entering directory 
'/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/mcs/class/corlib'
/gnu/store/3jhfhxdf6v5ms10x5zmnl166dh3yhbr1-bash-minimal-5.1.16/bin/sh 
./../../mkinstalldirs 
/gnu/store/p376lzzwiwwnh5w0ghfflylxhm954jhl-mono-2.4.2.3/lib/mono/1.0
/gnu/store/7h0mnlwalw23j9jmvz5n1i5mqkgb4d06-coreutils-9.1/bin/install -c 
-c -m 755 ./../../class/lib/net_1_1/mscorlib.dll 
/gnu/store/p376lzzwiwwnh5w0ghfflylxhm954jhl-mono-2.4.2.3/lib/mono/1.0/mscorlib.dll
test ! -f ./../../class/lib/net_1_1/mscorlib.dll.mdb || 
/gnu/store/7h0mnlwalw23j9jmvz5n1i5mqkgb4d06-coreutils-9.1/bin/install -c 
-c -m 755 ./../../class/lib/net_1_1/mscorlib.dll.mdb 
/gnu/store/p376lzzwiwwnh5w0ghfflylxhm954jhl-mono-2.4.2.3/lib/mono/1.0/mscorlib.dll.mdb
make[7]: Leaving directory 
'/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/mcs/class/corlib'
make[6]: Leaving directory 
'/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/mcs/class/corlib'
make[6]: Entering directory 
'/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/mcs/class/System'
make install-local
make[7]: Entering directory 
'/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/mcs/class/System'
MONO_PATH="./../../class/lib/net_1_1_bootstrap:$MONO_PATH" 
/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/runtime/mono-wrapper 
./../../class/lib/net_1_1_bootstrap/gacutil.exe /i 
./../../class/lib/net_1_1/System.dll /f  /root 
/gnu/store/p376lzzwiwwnh5w0ghfflylxhm954jhl-mono-2.4.2.3/lib /package 1.0
Failure adding assembly ./../../class/lib/net_1_1/System.dll to the 
cache: Strong name cannot be verified for delay-signed assembly
make[7]: *** [../../build/library.make:159: install-local] Error 1
make[7]: Leaving directory 
'/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/mcs/class/System'
make[6]: *** [../../build/rules.make:128: do-install] Error 2
make[6]: Leaving directory 
'/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/mcs/class/System'
make[5]: *** [../build/rules.make:144: install-recursive] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory 
'/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/mcs/class'
make[4]: *** [build/rules.make:144: install-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/mcs'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:91: profile-do--net_1_1--install] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/mcs'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:87: profiles-do--install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/mcs'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:562: install-exec] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory 
'/tmp/guix-build-mono-2.4.2.3.drv-0/source/runtime'
make: *** [Makefile:487: install-recursive] Error 1
error: in phase 'install': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "make" arguments: ("install" 
"CC=gcc" "NO_SIGN_ASSEMBLY=yes" "V=1") exit-status: 2 term-signal: #f 
stop-signal: #f>
phase `install' failed after 8.6 seconds
command "make" "install" "CC=gcc" "NO_SIGN_ASSEMBLY=yes" "V=1" failed 
with status 2
build process 18 exited with status 256
builder for 
`/gnu/store/7am8cs3rhiadwv0mgqpbrjj0fas41w53-mono-2.4.2.3.drv' failed 
with exit code 1
@ build-failed 
/gnu/store/7am8cs3rhiadwv0mgqpbrjj0fas41w53-mono-2.4.2.3.drv - 1 builder 
for `/gnu/store/7am8cs3rhiadwv0mgqpbrjj0fas41w53-mono-2.4.2.3.drv' 
failed with exit code 1
```

See https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/11464585/details.

Could someone with more experience in this have a look please?

Thanks!

nomike