Subject: Re: bug#78682: Building libltdl with MSVC fails
From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Kirill Makurin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2025 21:21:01 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 05/06/2025 21:03, Kirill Makurin wrote:
> I can confirm that this was the issue.
> 
> I had to explicitly set both F77 and FC to "no". Even if there is no 
> Fortran compiler found, configure sets them to "ifc".

Great! I am glad you found a simple fix. I have set F77 and FC to no in
my test environment, but I could not remember why.

> I was thinking to suggest both libtool and automake to add options to 
> explicitly disable checks and test for specific languages. Obviously, 
> this needs a separate discussion.

For now, I will update notes.texi to inform users about this
configuration issue and close the bug.

Thank you for debugging!

-- 
Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354