Subject: 30.1; Unclear sentence in (emacs)Matching
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 22:42:49 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In (emacs)Matching (not a great name for the node abbreviation, BTW),
this sentence is unclear:

  "Conversely, when you insert a closing delimiter over an existing one,
   No insertion takes places, and that position is simply skipped over."

What does it mean to insert a closing delimiter "over an existing one"?
No idea what this is trying to say, or why it's deemed the "converse" of
what happens when you insert an opening delimiter.

Presumably it should include something about what happens to the
"existing" closing delimiter, and something about point, if it hopes to
convey the converse behavior.

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2025-02-23 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.26100
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.26100.3775)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O2
 prefix=/g/rel/install/emacs-30.1'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252