Subject: [PATCH gnome-team 00/23] Start working on GNOME 48
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2025 15:47:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

I'm a little late.  This effort started before the python-team merge,
but thanks in no small part to fontconfig's worldier than world rebuild
has taken quite a while to finish.  This series updates our base
packages up to libadwaita to their latest version.  The GTK one is
marked as WIP, because the tests currently fail --- this is likely an
Xorg thing that I haven't paid too much attention to.  Perhaps it can
work in tandem with some mesa updates, or else we will have to switch up
our test setup.

I will obviously rebase this on a newer master before pushing it, but
that will require rebuilding rust, librsvg, etc.  Is anyone willing to
take fontconfig, harfbuzz and wayland-protocols to branches that are
perhaps merged sooner?

Cheers

Liliana Marie Prikler (23):
  gnu: fontconfig: Update to 2.16.0.
  gnu: glib: Update to 2.84.1.
  gnu: gobject-introspection: Update to 1.84.0.
  gnu: gobject-introspection: Delete unnecessary patches.
  gnu: harfbuzz: Update to 10.4.0.
  gnu: glibmm: Update to 2.84.0.
  gnu: [email-masked]: Fix GIR parser.
  gnu: [email-masked]: Update to 0.52.11.
  gnu: vala: Update to 0.56.18.
  gnu: libsoup-minimal: Update to 3.6.5.
  gnu: wayland-protocols: Update to 1.43.
  gnu: pango: Update to 1.56.3.
  gnu: gstreamer: Update to 1.26.0.
  gnu: gst-plugins-base: Update to 1.26.0.
  gnu: gst-plugins-good: Update to 1.26.0.
  gnu: gst-plugins-bad: Update to 1.26.0.
  gnu: gst-plugins-ugly: Update to 1.26.0.
  gnu: gst-libav: Update to 1.26.0.
  gnu: gst-editing-services: Update to 1.26.0.
  gnu: Add gst-rtsp-server.
  gnu: python-gst: Update to 1.26.0.
  [WIP] gnu: gtk: Update to 4.18.4.
  gnu: libadwaita: Update to 1.7.2.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   3 +-
 gnu/packages/fontutils.scm                    |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm                  |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/glib.scm                         |  22 +--
 gnu/packages/gnome.scm                        |  20 +-
 gnu/packages/gstreamer.scm                    |  79 ++++++--
 gnu/packages/gtk.scm                          |  38 ++--
 ...trospection-absolute-shlib-path-1.72.patch | 173 ------------------
 ...ct-introspection-absolute-shlib-path.patch |   8 +-
 .../gobject-introspection-cc-1.72.patch       |  15 --
 .../patches/vala-0.52-fix-valagirparser.patch |  72 ++++++++
 11 files changed, 184 insertions(+), 254 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gobject-introspection-absolute-shlib-path-1.72.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gobject-introspection-cc-1.72.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/vala-0.52-fix-valagirparser.patch

base-commit: cc4b392a8303788762ed9adb9c5635cf227e58a2
-- 
2.49.0