Subject: 31.0.50; Switching to remote project -> no applicable method
From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2025 09:07:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

- emacs -Q -nw

- Eval in *scratch* (or C-x p p equivalent)
  (project-switch-project "/ssh:mini:~/emacs/github/master/")
  where "/ssh:mini:~/emacs/github/master/" is a Git repository on another machien

=>

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (cl-no-applicable-method project-root nil)
  signal(cl-no-applicable-method (project-root nil))
  cl-no-applicable-method(#s(cl--generic :name project-root :dispatches
  (((&context . project--within-roots-fallback)
  #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-eql-generalizer :priority
  100 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode
  0x1077d817f9409598>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag
  &rest _) #<bytecode 0xa38db246bcaffb>)) #s(cl--generic-generalizer
  :name cl--generic-t-generalizer :priority 0 :tagcode-function
  #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0xcaf03e2e0e0b800>)
  :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode
  #f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode 0xb8576de120222bf>)(nil)
  apply(#f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode 0xb8576de120222bf>) nil nil)
  #f(compiled-function (arg &rest args) #<bytecode 0x18eea06f65c4583>)(nil)
  apply(#f(compiled-function (arg &rest args) #<bytecode 0x18eea06f65c4583>) nil)
  project-root(nil)
  project-roots(nil)
  #f(compiled-function (project) #<bytecode 0x4f0874ce20019b2>)(nil)
  apply(#f(compiled-function (project) #<bytecode 0x4f0874ce20019b2>) nil nil)
  #f(compiled-function (arg &rest args) #<bytecode 0x3e454e2766dc583>)(nil)
  apply(#f(compiled-function (arg &rest args) #<bytecode 0x3e454e2766dc583>) nil)
  project-root(nil)
  project-remember-project(nil)
  project-switch-project("/ssh:mini:~/emacs/github/master/")
  (progn (project-switch-project "/ssh:mini:~/emacs/github/master/"))
  eval((progn (project-switch-project "/ssh:mini:~/emacs/github/master/")) t)
  elisp--eval-last-sexp(t)
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1866ec10fb12>)()
  handler-bind-1(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1866ec10fb12>) (error) eval-expression--debug)
  eval-last-sexp(t)
  eval-print-last-sexp(nil)
  funcall-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil)
  call-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-print-last-sexp)

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin24.3.0) of 2025-03-31
 built on pro2
Repository revision: 1ed1cc83491311517ba46dff73fdc4383ffd4102
Repository branch: master
System Description:  macOS 15.3.2