Subject: Re: bug#76739: 31.0.50; Register previews cannot be disabled
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2025 10:15:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 21:47:35 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > And then someone comes up complaining that we don't show nil values?
> 
> Ha-ha!  The manual calls such registers non-existent (e.g. "lists the
> existing registers"), so I thought that much is given: no register, no
> current value.  However, as a long-term maintainer, you know best what
> wording might cause support headaches down the line, so your "non-nil"
> variant LGTM.  Besides, my problem was with the word "modifying", and
> that was addressed already.  Thank you for your patience!

OK, installed on the emacs-30 branch, and closing the bug.