Subject: Re: [bug#76688] [PATCH] services: network-manager: Handle existing configuration directory.
From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Arnaud Daby-Seesaram <[email-masked]>, 45mg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2025 10:33:05 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 2025-03-22, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2025-03-22, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>> Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> I hit this bug as well, and it actually caused a boot failure, had to
>>> boot to an older generation to get things working again!
>>>
>>> Have not yet tried the patch, though it looks like it should fix this
>>> exact problem...
>
> I did get a chance to test the patch, and it worked to allow me to
> reconfigure multiple times and still be able to reboot into the new
> generation.

Given that the patch is a few weeks old, and it is a relatively new
feature, and not having it can trigger a boot failure, I went ahead and
pushed as a1e87abaa364f8391cfd1f49bb01876f7a730bfb services:
network-manager: Handle existing configuration directory.

live well,
  vagrant