Subject: 31.0.50; c-ts-mode no longer provides fontification
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2025 15:51:40 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: [email-masked]
--text follows this line--
To reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  C-x C-f src/dispnew.c RET
  M-x c-ts-mode RET

and watch in disbelief how the fontifications are gone...

This is a (recent, I think) regression on master: it still works okay
on the release branch.

Can this be fixed ASAP, please?

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 684, i686-pc-mingw32) of 2025-03-02 built on
 ELIZ-PC
Repository revision: c73003ade161a50728aa15cc10967ad04fe90b05
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.26100
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.26100.3194)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --prefix=/d/usr --with-wide-int
 --without-native-compilation --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0
 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY W32NOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: C/*

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug lisp-mnt message mailcap yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils cl-seq c++-ts-mode c-ts-mode c-ts-common treesit vc-git
diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode files-x vc vc-dispatcher
bug-reference byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile thingatpt cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
touch-screen dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
tty-child-frames emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 87910 17850) (symbols 48 10402 0) (strings 16 29222 2845)
 (string-bytes 1 835511) (vectors 16 16397)
 (vector-slots 8 171715 8837) (floats 8 28 3) (intervals 40 1002 102)
 (buffers 896 11))