Subject: Re: bug#76517: 31.0.50; feature/igc 6ff509af3d31 crash on Wayland KDE, (with -g3
From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2025 17:56:06 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"Eli Zaretskii" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2025 21:01:31 +0000
>> From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>>
>> > No.  I'm saying that display_mode_element scans for a '%', finds it,
>> > takes the next byte, which is the first byte of the fullwidth comma,,
>> > passes it to decode_mode_spec, then leaves offset pointing to the second
>> > byte of the multi-byte sequence following the %, and attempts to
>> > continue printing the modeline from that offset, in the middle of a
>> > multi-byte sequence.
>>
>> Maybe this proposed patch will make things clearer.  Please let me know
>> whether it's okay for master or how to improve it.  Thanks!
>
> LGTM, thanks.  A few minor comments below.

Pushed, with the suggested changes.  Thanks to both of you, and closing
this bug.

Pip