Subject: [PATCH gnome-team] gnu: gnome-shell: Fix substitutions for imports.
From: aurtzy <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: aurtzy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 16:15:41 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

* gnu/packages/gnome.scm (gnome-shell)[arguments]<#:phases>: Update regexps
for substitutions in 'wrap-programs phase so search paths can be included
again.

Change-Id: Ie3582edbcb1e5712787c9292c449b161c7c9d869
---

Hi!

I noticed the Extensions app was no longer allowing me to view and set up
extensions while testing this branch, and discovered after some investigation
that the substitutions for imports were not applying due to changes in the
file.  Applying this patch fixed it for me.

I didn't pick this up before, but since it looked like Screencast had the same
issue, I applied the same change, which seems to also "re-enable" screen
recording with Screencast.

Cheers,

aurtzy

 gnu/packages/gnome.scm | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/gnome.scm b/gnu/packages/gnome.scm
index c1896336cb..30c93c0ac3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/gnome.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/gnome.scm
@@ -9595,7 +9595,7 @@ (define-public gnome-shell
                    '("gnome-shell" "gnome-extensions" "gnome-extensions-app"))
                   (substitute* (string-append #$output "/share/gnome-shell/"
                                               "org.gnome.Shell.Extensions")
-                    (("imports\\.package\\.start" all)
+                    (("^import " all)
                      (string-append "'" gi-typelib-path "'.split(':').forEach("
                                     "path => imports.gi.GIRepository.Repository."
                                     "prepend_search_path(path));\n"
@@ -9604,7 +9604,7 @@ (define-public gnome-shell
                   ;; (i.e. as provided by home-pipewire-service-type)
                   (substitute* (string-append #$output "/share/gnome-shell/"
                                               "org.gnome.Shell.Screencast")
-                    (("imports\\.package\\.start" all)
+                    (("^import " all)
                      (string-append "'" gi-typelib-path "'.split(':').forEach("
                                     "path => imports.gi.GIRepository.Repository."
                                     "prepend_search_path(path));\n"

base-commit: 5e3e1b782b87d5bfe903f978490955cc20a70e5a
-- 
2.48.1