Subject: Re: [bug#76109] [PATCH] doc: Mention --check --no-grafts as a way to force-rebuild packages.
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2025 14:02:08 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Feb 07, 2025 at 02:23:20AM +0100, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:
> @@ -3978,7 +3978,11 @@ On Trusting Binaries
>  challenge}).  Similarly, the @option{--check} option of @command{guix
>  build} allows users to check whether previously-installed substitutes
>  are genuine by rebuilding them locally (@pxref{build-check,
> -@command{guix build --check}}).
> +@command{guix build --check}}).  To force a full rebuild of a package
> +(ignoring security updates via grafts, if any grafts exist—which is
> +not always the case), use @option{--check} together with
> +@option{--no-grafts} (@pxref{Common Build Options,
> +@option{--no-grafts}}).

I realized that it would be worthwhile to include a brief explanation of
why --no-grafts would be necessary here, so I wrote another sentence and
pushed as 8e9bceda87d55f475992ec5184590463ac7b5ffb

Thanks for recognizing the need for the documentation and making it
happen!