Subject: Re: [bug#76082] [PATCH 0/9] Improve profile initialization on foreign distros plus misc improvements
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Liam Hupfer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>, Tanguy Le Carrour <[email-masked]>, Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 14:46:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Liam,

Liam Hupfer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Hi Guix!  Hope those who attended enjoyed Guix Days and FOSDEM.  Looks
> like the Whippet talk is the first recording from the DMC track to go
> up!

:-)  Good time in Brussels!

>   home: services: setup-environment: Use GUIX_PROFILE.
>   home: services: Unset variables after profile init.
>   home: services: setup-environment: Set GUIX_LOCPATH.
>   guix-install.sh: Remove system-level Guix Home initialization.
>   guix-install.sh: Improve Guix profile sourcing.
>   guix-install.sh: Add to MANPATH.
>   guix-install.sh: Appease shellcheck.
>   guix-install.sh: Add msg helpers and use stderr consistently.
>   guix-install.sh: Check for existing installation before downloading.

This all looks reasonable and largely safe to me to I went ahead and
applied it.

Everyone else: please speak up if you think something needs to be
adjusted or discussed.

Thanks!

Ludo’.