Subject: Re: [bug#75805] Request for merging "elogind-updates" branch
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2025 15:12:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> I see one failure in the elogind-updates branch that is probably related
> to the changes:
>
>    https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/elogind-updates/package-changes?armhf-linux-change=broken&armhf-linux-change=still-failing&armhf-linux-change=unknown-to-failing&armhf-linux-change=new-failing
>
> sssd fails across all architectures.
>
> From my point of view, if the node-team branch is ready to be merged
> (one outstanding failure, libnode on 32 bits), it could go ahead;
> with a bit of luck, these two branches are essentially independent,
> so rebasing elogind-updates after the node-teams merge would not cause
> too many rebuilds.

I've gone ahead and pushed the elogind-updates changes to master
now. I've reconfigured my laptop with the changes, and things seem to
work.

Unfortunately this breaks sssd, maybe this could have been avoided by
not bumping samba/pinned, but unfortunately I don't know why that change
was made on this branch, and at this point it would probably cause lots
of rebuilds.

I added a deprecated alias for inkscape/stable, since just removing that
could break any channel making use of that export.

I also removed the "upstream: Do not update to same version." commit
from the pushed changes since I fail to see the relation to elogind, and
it seems like this doesn't need to go via a branch. I couldn't see what
patch series included it, so I've submitted it as #77741.

Thanks for all your work preparing these changes Maxim!

Chris