Subject: Re: bug#75762: [shepherd] Confusion about relative file names
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Dariqq <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2025 12:26:08 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Dariqq <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> The situation actually depends on the action you’re running.
>> Starting from 1a8d686b7fa617d9b1df33858957a240b7e11787, shepherd no
>> longer changes directory to the client’s directory.  So now it’s up to
>> its action to interpret file names as it wants.  We should update the
>> manual accordingly.
>> Did you have a specific action in mind though?
>> 
> I was prototyping a user daemon via 'herd load root' before I was
> ready to commit it to my home-environment and was a bit surprised that
> I had to use the full path resp. a path relative to $HOME. This would
> be consistent with the info in section 3.2 but not what I would
> expect.

Right.  I pushed a clarification as
882e56ce168c2ddb014cf35e2767d78778e0ba64.

Thanks!

Ludo’.