Subject: 31.0.50; PGTK - Build failure on Master
From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2024 07:53:09 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Emacs fails to build on master with PGTK enabled:

CC       pgtkim.o
../../emacs/src/pgtkfns.c: In function ‘Fpgtk_print_frames_dialog’:
../../emacs/src/pgtkfns.c:3672:13: error: ‘Qredisplay_dont_pause’ 
undeclared (first use in this function)
  3672 |   specbind (Qredisplay_dont_pause, Qt);
       |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../emacs/src/pgtkfns.c:3672:13: note: each undeclared identifier is 
reported only once for each function it appears in
   CC       xsettings.o
make[3]: *** [Makefile:457: pgtkfns.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
../../emacs/src/pgtkterm.c: In function ‘pgtk_cr_export_frames’:
../../emacs/src/pgtkterm.c:7635:13: error: ‘Qredisplay_dont_pause’ 
undeclared (first use in this function)
  7635 |   specbind (Qredisplay_dont_pause, Qt);
       |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../emacs/src/pgtkterm.c:7635:13: note: each undeclared identifier is 
reported only once for each function it appears in
make[3]: *** [Makefile:457: pgtkterm.o] Error 1

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.2) of 2024-12-12 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: 2e2c41fdcda7240c63e906ef0039dcf5a35d82f2
Repository branch: scratch/igc
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
  'configure --with-mps=yes --with-pgtk --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES MPS NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_TIME: C
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   dimmer-mode: t
   doom-modeline-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   vertico-multiform-mode: t
   vertico-mode: t
   global-completion-preview-mode: t
   completion-preview-mode: t
   electric-pair-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides 
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/standard-themes-2.1.0/theme-loaddefs
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20241217.823/transient hides 
/home/german/repos/emacs-igc/lisp/transient
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides 
/home/german/repos/emacs-igc/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr thingatpt emacsbug orderless project gnus-async
qp gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic hl-line cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh
nnmaildir epa-file network-stream nsm nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail browse-url mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time
iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit pulse
dimmer face-remap color doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring time-date comp comp-cstr cl-extra help-mode warnings comp-run
comp-common shrink-path f s dash nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces
nerd-icons-data nerd-icons-data-mdicon nerd-icons-data-flicon
nerd-icons-data-codicon nerd-icons-data-devicon nerd-icons-data-sucicon
nerd-icons-data-wicon nerd-icons-data-faicon nerd-icons-data-powerline
nerd-icons-data-octicon nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon
savehist vertico-posframe posframe vertico-multiform vertico easy-mmode
completion-preview init gptel-gemini gptel gptel-openai
text-property-search url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars mailcap compat
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rx kdl-mode elec-pair fontaine g3r-dark-theme info
ace-window-autoloads autothemer-autoloads avy-autoloads cape-autoloads
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads consult-dir-autoloads
current-window-only-autoloads debbugs-autoloads dimmer-autoloads
doom-modeline-autoloads doom-themes-autoloads easy-kill-autoloads
eat-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads elfeed-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads embark-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads fish-mode-autoloads fontaine-autoloads
gptel-autoloads hima-theme-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads hact set hhist
i3wm-config-mode-autoloads kdl-mode-autoloads kkp-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads lv-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads miasma-theme-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads nerd-icons-autoloads ninja-mode-autoloads
notink-theme-autoloads odin-mode-autoloads orderless-autoloads
org-modern-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads ryo-modal-autoloads
show-font-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads
s-autoloads spacious-padding-autoloads speedrect-autoloads
standard-themes-autoloads transient-posframe-autoloads
transient-autoloads unspecified-theme-autoloads most-faces-autoloads
vertico-posframe-autoloads vertico-autoloads posframe-autoloads
visible-mark-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads xah-fly-keys-autoloads yuck-mode-autoloads
zenburn-theme-autoloads zig-mode-autoloads early-init rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile mps emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 24 0 0) (symbols 56 0 0) (strings 40 0 0) (string-bytes 1 0)
  (vectors 24 0) (vector-slots 8 0 0) (floats 24 0 0)
  (intervals 64 0 0) (buffers 1000 0))

-- 
German Pacenza