Subject: Re: [bug#74837] [PATCH v3 0/2] resize-file-system-service
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Richard Sent <[email-masked]>
Cc: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2024 00:02:33 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Richard Sent <[email-masked]> skribis:

> What would that look like? We don't want to capture an error in
> grow-filesystem-command with an exit-status of 1, so it lives outside
> the guard, and we don't want to raise an exception if the partition
> was already resized.

Ah yes, that makes sense, sorry for misunderstanding.

> (Side note, should Shepherd consider a service perpetually starting if
> the start constructor exits without returning a value?)

A constructor must return exactly one value.  (Or it can throw an
exception, which is interpreted as failure to start.)

> V3 should have all other feedback implemented.
>
> Richard Sent (2):
>   packages: cloud-utils: Add missing growpart programs to path.
>   gnu: services: Add resize-file-system-service.

Perfect.  Applied, thanks!

Ludo’.