Subject: 24.0.50; report-emacs-bug is broken again (on Windows)
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 07:52:15 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Regression.
(More or less the same problem we had a few months back, bug #5299.)

Cannot send a bug report on Windows.  Symptoms slightly different, however.

When I hit C-c C-c in the bug-report window and answer `yes' to the prompt to
send the report, it simply claims that it sent the bug report (but it did not),
and shows me the buffer *sent mail to [email-masked]*.

It should invoke my mail client (Outlook), popping up a new mail message
addressed properly with the Subject filled out and the body having text saying
that you can paste the bug-report contents there.

The `From' field in the buffer *sent mail...* shows this:

From: [email-masked]

Users should not need to set anything in order to be able to send Emacs bug
reports.  It is not the users who need "tickling" here.

First reported to emacs-devel (no response) for this version:

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-11-22 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags
 -Ic:/imagesupport/include'

Problem still exists in this version:

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-11-16 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'