Subject: Re: [bug#74552] [PATCH 0/3] Small changes for running qa-frontpage locally
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: Noé Lopez <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Noé Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2025 15:17:01 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Noé Lopez <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Noé Lopez <[email-masked]>
>
> Hi,
>
> While trying out qa-frontpage locally, I had the occasion to make some
> trivial changes:

Hi,

Sorry I missed these emails, not sure how that happened.

> – Changed references for guix environment to guix shell

I've pushed this change now, note that I've switched to trunk as the
master branch since you sent these patches.

> – Changed the remote url for guix-patches to not require authentication

The solution here needed to be slightly more complicated, as QA on
bayfront still needs to use the [email-masked]:guix-patches URL
so that it can modify the repository. I've pushed a patch that achieves
that now, and will use the https url by default, providing you don't
tell QA you want to manage the patch branches.

> – Abstracted git fetch invocations into a function.  This was
>   originally intended for further changes but I suppose it can’t hurt.

I wasn't so sure about this refactoring as to me it makes it less
obvious what's going on, and (for better or for worse) that we're
calling out to Git on the command line.

Feel free to resend it if you're still interested in making that change.

Thanks for the patches,

Chris