Subject: 31.0.50; Emacs fails to compile cape package
From: Osama Rebach <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2024 16:07:02 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Emacs (commit: cf3ea44eb56) fails to compile cape (url: https://github.com/minad/cape,
commit: 9a7c44fe8b7).  Reverting commit eb1756a8a55 solves the problem.

Steps to reproduce:

run: emacs -Q

evaluate:
(add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/cape")
(byte-compile-file "/path/to/cape/cape-char.el")

results:
cape-char.el:132:2: Error: Symbol's function definition is void: internal--with-suppressed-warnings

I can provide the full nix build log, or more information if needed.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.2)
System Description: NixOS 25.05 (Warbler)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/yffm282zsg0bfgad74m9ihgx2w1i5x0g-emacs-pgtk-31.0.50-20241125102958-89b2f7c
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-pgtk
 --with-compress-install --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --with-native-compilation --without-imagemagick --with-mailutils
 --without-small-ja-dic --with-tree-sitter --without-xinput2
 --without-xwidgets --with-dbus --with-selinux --disable-gc-mark-trace'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB