Subject: Re: bug#74392: parted crash
From: "Brian C. Lane" <[email-masked]>
To: Alexey Kuznetsov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2024 14:10:32 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sun, Nov 17, 2024 at 12:18:30PM +0300, Alexey Kuznetsov wrote:
> Hello!
> 
> parted 3.6 crashing when trying to modify debian hybrid iso usb flash
> drive.

[snip]

> Assertion (num > 0) at ../../../libparted/labels/mac.c:964 in function
> _generate_raw_freespace_part() failed.

Thanks for the report, this isn't really a crash -- it's the program
protecting you from doing something bad to the disk. hybrid iso
'disklabels' are not meant to be edited. The combine several things into
one so that they can boot multiple places, but aren't supported as an
actual disk label.

Brian

-- 
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart