Subject: [PATCH 0/2] 'derivation-build-plan' returns builds in topological order
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2024 15:21:05 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

There’s one situation in ‘cuirass remote-worker’ where I found that it
would be more convenient for ‘derivation-build-plan’ to return the list of
builds in topological order, so a worker can perform them sequentially
in the right order.

From a UI viewpoint, it also seems to make more sense to display the
list of things to build in topological order.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  derivations: ‘derivation-build-plan’ returns builds in topological
    order.
  ui: ‘show-what-to-build’ displays builds in topological order.

 guix/derivations.scm  | 74 +++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------
 guix/ui.scm           |  2 +-
 tests/derivations.scm | 31 ++++++++++++++++--
 3 files changed, 73 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)

base-commit: 42612e3bdfb201dbd47d6b8ffc75345199a96a80
-- 
2.46.0