Subject: 30.0.91; icomplete-vertical has no matches for M-x man RET chdir
From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2024 12:38:04 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

The manpage auto-completions under icomplete-vertical mode won't list
chdir(2), fchdir(2) but will list acct(2).

To demonstrate,

 1. start, emacs -Q
 2. M-x icomplete-vertical
 3. M-x man RET

then very slowly type with 3 second delay a character, c h d i r, from
chd onwards the status feedback says [No matches], this is also the case
for fchdir.  At the end of the full sequence chdir or fchdir, despite
the status being [No matches] I depress RET and the manpage displays.

The manpage acct(2) will list in the auto-complete but if I type too
quick the *Messages* buffer shows: Waiting for process to die...done

Expected behavior, since acct(2) is listed by auto-complete in
icomplete-vertical mode, chdir(2) and fchdir(2) should.

-- 
vl